FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread)
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:15 pm
serfty
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
From the T&C's.
19.1.5 The travel required in each Membership Year to attain or retain Silver, Gold or Platinum status level must include a minimum of four Segments on Qantas or QantasLink.
I'm sure that if Qantas are going to start enforcing this rule, that these T&C's will need to be altered so that flights on Jetconnect and Australian Airlines would qualify.

I was not so sure about jet:-: however, so I rechecked a copy the email referred to in the OP:I think that bit about Jet:-: is new, maybe that's part of the reason for the issue to be raised in the newsletters.
OK, since I posted that on March 21st, Qantas have revised the text of the rules.

Under the heading: Effective 22 March 2007 They now read:
19.1.5 The travel required in each Membership Year to attain or retain Silver, Gold or Platinum status level must include a minimum of four Eligible Flight Segments on Qantas, QantasLink or Jetstar.
It's now:
  • Eligible Flight Segments (rather than "segments"), &
  • Qantas, QantasLink or Jetstar.
I still do not know where this leaves "Australian Airlines" or "Jetconnect" exactly, but when booked on one of these flights you see "Operated by .......... for Qantas" I would think they are indeed eligible. Still not sure if codeshares are eligble in this regard.