FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Security Lanes at LGA concourse D (consolidated)
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:26 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I'd like to blame Tony, Ed and their families but just this week in various elite lines:

Woman walks up with large paper bag (Nieman's or something) with tons of makeup/shampoo and perfume, all of which were much larger than 3 ozs. Had to be worth at least $500. She didn't want to check it because she was afraid it would break. Then wants to speak with a supervisor while those of us pile up.

Man walks up. Waits for person in front to be completely cleared before then loading up belt. He pulls out liquids galore, also clearly larger than 3 oz's. At least he went away quietly.

Two twenty something biz travelers go through line. First, gets bag check which holds up the whole line. When someone shows up for the bag check, it turns out she forgot to pull her bottle of Evian out.

Guy traveling with her. TSA again calls bag check which stops line because bag checker is working on Evian bottle. When the guy sees her Evian bottle, he says "Oh, I forgot to take my Gatorade out"

With folks like this in the elite line, not sure how we can ever expect Tony and Ed to learn.

That being said, we need an elite security line and inside security link from C to D.

In terms of how much time, the line at LGA always looks bad but it only took 20 minutes this morning at 6:30 to get through. Its taken as much as an hour though.