FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nightmare Does Not Even Come Close: ATL-EWR 3/17-3/18
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:16 pm
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
A fairweather friend, indeed.

Originally Posted by Sojourn
Like I said in my report, I couldn't call CO or any other airline because the numbers were all busy.
Like you said in your original report, you found out the night before, and then shrugged it off and went to sleep. You never mentioned calling at all until after you woke up.

Originally Posted by Sojourn
Saturday 12:30A.M.

I stayed up late packing and heard from family the weather back home, around the city and Northern Jersey, was bad. I really didn’t think anything of it but checked the status of Continental 1154 and saw it was cancelled. Again it really didn’t bother me and I went to bed thinking things would change.
As someone who has been stuck in NYC during a blizzard like occurrence (Jan 2005), I fully understand what needs to be done. I showed up early to the airport once I saw the weather was going to be bad. I got moved to an earlier flight, and thought I was safe once I was on the plane. After a number of deicing attempts and worsening weather, back to the gate I went.

Getting a hotel was difficult, but I managed to find one. I immediately called the airline, and got a flight out the next day out of EWR (I had been going out of LGA). Was it easy? No. Was it fun? No. Do I blame the airline? No.

If you really think that Delta never has problems, you're in for a huge shock.