FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nightmare Does Not Even Come Close: ATL-EWR 3/17-3/18
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:09 pm
Sojourn

Programs: AMEX Rewards Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Continental and American
Originally Posted by asnovici
I am sorry to hear about your troubles, but this is weather related. Yes, gate agents should not have raised their voices, but this is the only issue I see here. Anything else was a product of poor planning on OP's part (how would "things change" again?) and lack of experience in dealing with airline travel.
To many seasoned travelers here, it seems that 12 hours at the airport because of weather related issues is not the worst thing that can happen, and certainly doesn't warrent the typical "I will not be flying CO again".
Actually it does. I may be only 19, but I've traveled enough to have a basic sense of what an airline should do. This was a nightmare, spending a day at an airport when I'm on spring break is not very fun. Mabey I should have planned better but whatever. I went to the airport to see what I could do. I certainly wasn't going to sit around. Like I said in my report, I couldn't call CO or any other airline because the numbers were all busy. Next time it's Delta. Like I said, this is the last time I will fly with them.