FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coach GRR to EZE. Recommend routing through DFW w/ 1 layover or MIA w/2 layovers?
Old Mar 17, 2007, 5:48 pm
DCAstudent

Originally Posted by vandykes44
I'm flying GRR to EZE on an award flight in coach. I've read other posts that recommend flying the MIA flight on a 777 rather than the flight from DFW on a 767. I "think" that most of the recommendations referrred to a better flight in business or first on the 777. Don't know if the same recommendation would apply to coach flights. The flight through MIA connects in ORD, so there are 2 connections, There is a flight from GRR to EZE with (I think I'm reading it correctly) only 1 connection in DFW. Total flying time is comparable, about 17 hours.

Also, I don't know if their are differences in coach seats between a 777 and 767 but would appreciate advise from the experts. I do suffer from some neck pain and find airline seats that tip forward near the head extremely uncomfortable. For some, that "tip" must hit at the back of the neck. For me it hits me in the back of my head and pushes my head forward. If the seat is more vertical, I find it much more comfortable.

I would appreciatate your recommendations for my particular situation.
The main difference I see in the coach seats themselves is that the 777 will have a video monitor and programing at each individual seat whereas the 767 will have only the TV screens scattered throughout the cabin (with everyone watching the same show).

If you can get an exit row on the 777, you have tons of leg room. The 767 exit row has added legroom, but the 777 is even more.

If you are concerned about neck pain, then I would think the lowest flying time would be the optimal itinerary.