FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FAQ: Missing / Skipping Segment - Hidden City / Point Beyond Ticketing
Old Mar 16, 2007, 7:57 pm
rploehn

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM; Priority Club-Platinum
Originally Posted by justinlanger
5. I thought about it. Doing it on my own, I won't be able to cover as many cities as the tour covers.
Sometimes, Justin, quality is better than quantity. If you want to get to know some cool Europeans, go explore some out-of-the-way places, take tours of your interests rather than the interests of the lemmings, then you are best planning your own itinerary. If you plan on more international travel in the future, it is a good idea to get the experience of planning your own trip. Most tour groups overwhelm tourist sites, so that memory of a lifetime turns out to be a claustrophobic mob. There are English walking tours in many cities geared exactly to your specific interests. Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but flying to the cheapest drop-off and seeing only your top four or five cities is a good bet. Depend on rail for city to city travel or the LCCs, both of which can be booked on line.