Old Mar 12, 07, 8:47 pm
Singlepoint

Programs: SPG LTP
Originally Posted by kevinsac View Post
I actually like the 4 Points by Sheraton in downtown. Relatively new property, nice rooms, 3 blocks to Metro and easy walking to the Mall. Certainly not a luxury property, but meets many other requirements.
I would concur. Decent rooms - try for Club level if possible as the rates can be sometimes quite decent. The breakfast in the Club lounge was quite good. Rooms on that level appeared to be a good size with fridge and microwave (if I remember) which is handy with little ones. Moreover, good for kids with regard to breakfast. There's a decent little store/restaurant with good granola/yogurt about a block towards the Mall. IIRC, there's also a Starbucks in the lobby if that helps. There's a few pizza places within walking distance (1-3 blocks). As the other poster said, easy access to Metro. I had my kids (ages 8 and 2 at the time) there last May and the location was excellent; never rented a car yet managed to see all of the sights including the Mall area, Arlington Memorial, the DC Zoo etc.

Singlepoint