FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consulting Firm's Travel Policies And Perks
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:16 am
james318

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by jmpeace501
That's pretty dead on with my situation as well. We book coach class, but most of us get the free first class upgrades since we fly so much (twice a week). Our per diem's are usually a little better, depending on the location of the project. For example, it's $45 on my current one. We do get rental cars, but we typically stay at a hotel like a Marriott or Hilton Homewood Suites - something along those lines for long-term projects, and a nicer place if the stay is for less than a week or two.

I can guess which company it is that you worked for.... Bet you can't guess mine!..... ha/ha

Regards,
Mike
Yeah, I almost always fly first due to status. It's nice travelling with higher ups who don't get the upgrade and you do... Luckily the group I work for recognizes the reasoning and doesn't throw a fit. I've never EVER had to worry when I went over my per diem, though most meals are usually covered by other team members because I am the least senior.

On average, I stay at Westin/W/Sheraton/Marriott/Hilton/Hyatt's. Only when location dictates do I stay at less, as all my trips are short. I don't seek these out, but these are the number one choices listed on our travel booking engine, so I take em!

Hmmm... Wondering if we work at the same place.... Do we?