FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Medallion Status and Skysaver Awards
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:59 am
oldtirednbusy

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rcs85551
Munich is very tough for BusinessElite upgrades, let alone BusinessElite award seats as this route is performing very well in the front cabin.

While it might clear, it does not always happen as BusinessElite does sell out very frequently. I've seen that flight leave with only 2 or 3 pax in Z class, the remainder in J/D/I....

The flight has been upgraded to a 767-400ER from March 13th onwards, which will add seats as compared to the 767-300ER.

Whether revenue management will give away more seats in O class remains to be seen - I highly doubt it because as I said earlier, odds are not too shabby that they can actually sell them.
I am finding that to be very true. Started trying to book Dec BE award SS 331 days out. After being waitlisted cleared last week for outbound ATL-MUC. Have FRA-ATL coming back 2 days later than I want to stay. NO seats sold on the 2 days I want to come back. EP desk says I am at the top of the list and cannot be bumped. Looked at doing a PMU, no seats available for upgrade. Am in a dilemna about whether or not to just go ahead and purchase BE leisure fare which is available right now at $400 over upgradeable fare (if upgrade were available) as BE leisure fare may not last long.
BTW was oroiginally flexible about dates from 1st of Dec to a few days before Christmas, but once I was able to get outbound made the return a little less flexible, but there is nothing available SS back until the end of January.
I really hate to burn 500,000 miles for 2 tickets.