FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Accelerator
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2003, 7:28 pm
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
Interestingly enough I just switched 3 upcoming rentals I had with National from earning AA miles to NW miles, and it looks like National must pay less for NW miles than AA miles because the Fftxrsu decreased from 13 cents to 12 cents for 100 mile rentals and from 39 cents to 36 cents for the 300 mile rental I have upcoming.
</font>
I just used National at PDX and got a big whopping 100 miles. The FFTXRSU per my receipt is .12 as well.

If NW miles can be gotten cheaper than say AA (or other airlines), I wonder why NW has dropped the major car partners (or vice-versa).

Out of the group NW has, I'm usually happy with National and Dollar. However, I'd really like to see Avis, Hertz, or even Budget as a partner. I'll have to say between Avis & Hertz, I usually get the best service, best automobile selection, and consistency -- whereas with some of the other companies, they're ok, but I've found the consistency to be lacking between different locations.

FWIW, Dollar did quite good for me on my last rental at MCO -- ended up in a brand new (red) Ford Mustang.

I typically look for the best deal when renting, but if I rented a bit more often, I'd likely stay with one company and enroll in one of the "Hertz #1" type programs. Speaking of such programs, out of the group NW has as partners now, who has the best one?

Best,

SDF_Traveler

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin