FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A month and a bit on the road – 50K miles on BA, AA, CX and 9W (mostly in J)
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:45 am
Moomba

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Having just cooked lunch for some friends (rack of lamb, sweet potato dauphinoise, followed by a cheeseboard and washed down with Nuits St. George since you asked) I left them with the missus making inroads into another bottle as I headed off in a cab to Paddington for the Heathrow Express to LHR T1.

Anytime you have the need to fill a seat at your table - I am only a short stroll away.

Talking of shoes, I was once again left pondering why shoes are a risk at LHR, but not at LGW or LCY.
Was shoes off at one of the three lanes open Saturday week ago at LGW so it is not just a LHR thing. If that makes you feel better

The mundane reality of business travel. A Hotel breakfast eaten while browsing the South China Morning Post and chuckling at Jake van der Kamp’s business column. A series of meetings, dim sum lunch at the Tang Court (very tasty, freezing cold ac), more meetings and a trip to the ATL building, which is the world’s largest industrial building! Back to the hotel for emails, a conference call, room service dinner, more calls until 10pm and bed. When non-travelling colleagues go on about how lucky I am, explaining a day like that helps them understand there is a rough with the smooth.

Browsing FT is actually one of the things that helps break things up; otherwise you end up doing a series of 16 hour days on the bounce without let up
I used to do the mundane business traveller thing. But it was even more mundane that yours. The same route month after month after month; and all in whY

Now all of my travelling is for my enjoyment only which is quite a pleasant change.

I look forward to your next musings on the life of a business traveller.