FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - any solid info on a holiday WBC sale?
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:45 pm
kyushuman

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I did buy that BLQ ticket too--for a long Presidents' Day weekend in February. Lots of Cappucino will have to keep me warm.....

But I did score (I think) on a WBC ticket for the holidays: $1858 all in:
MSP-LAX in K
LAX-NRT in Z
NRT-BKK in Y
return is from HKG:
HKG-NRT in Z
NRT-LAX in Z
LAX-MSP in K

Since the domestic portions should get upgraded around the holidays (I'm Gold), it's only the NRT-BKK segment that is tricky. But looks are deceiving: the earlier post that seats are disappearing fast is true!
I spent nearly an hour on the phone after researching various itineraries,etc online--in fact, nwa.com sold me a Z fare for the NRT-BKK segment, but dumped me into economy--since WBC is full and so is the wait list. So even though I paid for WBC all the way, there is a good chance I'll be in Y for that one segment.
That may seem bad--but as of last night, the fact that I was in Y for that segment caused the computer to dump ALL of my segments into Y! So, I had to call a few times and get the rate desk to work on it. That Gold Elite line is SO amazing and helpful. It's one of the reasons I've stayed with NWA over the years--I used to be Gold with UA.
In the end, they said I'm now in WBC except for the one segment. Should I be happy? I am--but I'll keep trying to get on the waitlist for that NRT-BKK segment.

[This message has been edited by kyushuman (edited 10-07-2003).]