FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BUMP [Bring Us More Passengers] Program (Allowing Pax to Endorse Tix to NW)
Old Mar 3, 2007, 4:25 am
Mrp Alert

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Talking Bump Success!!!!

Recently, I departed LAS for a 1-way flight to the east coast. The flight was booked in CO L class which is 50% EQMs so I went to the NWA counter to inquire about the BUMP program. I referenced the "G ATO BUMP" program and they were able to pull up some information online. Against trekwars2000 advice, I had done OLCI for my CO flight.

At first, they were unable to see my full CO itinerary as my ticket had previously been exchanged by CO and therefore had a different ticket number than when originally booked. So I ran down to CO for the first time to get my original e-ticket number. At the same time, the CO TA handed me my boarding passes. I ran back to the NWA counter. I laid down all the paperwork that CO gave me and the NWA TA spotted the CO BPs. They were now able to find my itinerary in the system, but only my 1st coupon was showing available.

Run #2 to CO was as much fun as the first run to their ticket counter. I asked to be unchecked in for my second flight, but they refused to do so. As I knew there were open seats on the NWA flight, I asked them to completely uncheck me in. They did so and I ran back to NWA.

Upon my return TA #2 who had been assisting TA#1 with my itinerary helped me as TA #1 was going to the gate to help board the flight. TA #2 printed my BPs, assigned me seats, and instructed me to head to the gate to dance for a F upgrade. TA #2 had somehow converted my CO E-ticket into a CO paper ticket She attached these to the back of my new NWA Y class BP (150% EQM) ^ and instructed me to go to the gate.

On the way to meet the TSA, I called trekwars2000 to tell him the good news! mikeef stopped me as he heard the words "100% EQMs" come out of my mouth. He asked if I was a FTer. I hung up on trekwars2000 and chatted with this awesome FTer thorugh the D security check and on the tram over to the D gates. We seperated as we reached my gate. He had plAAns to go to MIA on the AA non-stop and wanted to grab a bite before boarding. I went to the GA and asked for a F upgrade. I instantly cleared into F and had a BP in hand. Went to the boarding gate and handed the GA who was TA #1 my BP.

Things I learned:
1. Do not check in for your flight operated by other airline
2. Make sure you have your original e-ticket number as well as your current e-ticket number.
3. Be friendly and say thank you!

BTW, my upgrade cleared at the gate for my connecting flight. A bit less RDM, but 100% more EQM and arrived 2 hours earlier than if I had flown CO as scheduled!

Good luck - I hope my experience will help you.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Mar 3, 2007 at 6:48 am Reason: Clarified typos