FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More flexibility due to weather needed
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2007, 8:49 am
hazelrah

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Customer service

[QUOTE=MKEbound;7325689 When my flights were delayed yesterday YX had open seats, but NW wouldn't move me to another airline.

Weather sucks for everyone, both Pax and the airline and their employees.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how long your delay was, but is any airline willing to endorse a ticket over to another airline when they have a later flight?

BTW, the very nice Midwest agent indicated that as a result of last weeks cancelations they had pax stuck in Las Vegas and Fort Lauderdale for three to four days.

Evidently Midwest was not willing to endorse its tickets over to other airlines either.

I totally agree with you, weather issues suck for pax and airlines both, and certainly I don't hold the opinion that Midwest or any other airline is responsible for the weather. As a customer I can hold them responsible for not making the tough decision that a business should be making, with consideration for providing customer service.