FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2-3 days in thailand
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:24 am
ryan-twob

More thanks and comments on Westin reservation

Thanks again for additional advice; I've gone ahead and canceled Pattaya as we'll have more than enough beach time in australia.

Definitely going to try to get some tailored clothes, try to see a palace or two, a market, a boat ride - geez that already sounds like a lot. Some of the suggestions on clubs/social environs look great too. I am very appreciative of the advice, and, quite honestly already feeling less "stressed" about the traversing component without having to deal with getting to/from Pattaya.

Meanwhile to answer some questions about the rate - It was just dumb luck; I was nosing around the SPG site a couple months ago looking at whether to book using points or pay for rooms and the westin rate popped up at 260 baht. It was a pre-pay rate and I have saved and printed both the email confirmation and the reservation confirmation on the SPG website that show the rate in baht; I should take my charge slip receipt as well, I suppose. The rate was gone the next day. It's a pre-pay fully non-refundable and has already been charged (and paid for) on my Amex. I know that things like priceline rates don't even show up necessarily at the hotel, so that I am not sure if they will see the rate when I check in or not? I suppose I will get hosed on this but wonder if I can contest on credit card (SGP Amex). We will see. Wonder how starwood is about honoring these rates...

Last edited by ryan-twob; Feb 27, 2007 at 6:53 am