FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying visit to ORD 2 1/2 - enough time for a shopping trip?
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:39 am
Gay_Traveler

Originally Posted by simongr
Hi all
As part of an upcoming business trip/DONE4 i chucked in a day trip LGA-ORD-LGA. I am flying AA in F and my plan was to kill a couple of hours in the AC and then head back. Its bascially a mileage run and a chance to visit tis crazy ORD place that people complain so much about.

My flights are:

March 24 - LGA-ORD AA 313 09:00 - 10:40
March 24 - ORD-LGA AA 362 14:45 - 18:00

I can check in online for the retrun flight before I leave for the airport in the morning). I basically have a shade under 4 hours (asusming an on time departure/arrival).

As I said my plan was to kill time in AC drinking free drinks but now realise that there is a Shabby Chic store in Chicago and I can surprise mrssimongr with a gift from my travels.

Finally getting to the question - as I have never been to ORD I know nothing about transport etc in that area. The Shabby Chic store is 2146 N. Halsted Street. On google maps that is about 16 miles from the airport on a relatively straight road. So will I a) time to get there and back and b) what would teh rough cost be of such a cab fare?

Thanks in advance for any assistance here - this will be a very painful exercise for me but mrssimongr is worth it

S
Are you going? or Did you make it?