FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving to COS this summer, thoughts on AA service ex COS?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:30 pm
oklAAhoma

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by nomore1k

AA
5x daily to DFW (all MD80)
1x daily to ORD (CR7)

So if you mainly fly East and/or want to avoid RJs, stick with AA.
FWIW we generally find good availability on all the COS-DFW routes and haven't yet missed a requested upgrade (even when still PLTs).

Originally Posted by nomore1k
At any rate, if you don't drive to DEN, you won't be flying many non-stops on any airline, so pick your poison.
If I were in the OP's shoes, I might choose driving to DEN in the summer but during the winter it could be a risky option. No telling when I-25 might become impassable. As the OP may already be aware, Monument Hill (the pass is north of COS, on I-25 near Castle Rock) has an elevation of about 7500 feet and can make the going slow and hazardous during and after storms.

The good news is that COS is IMO really a nice little airport. I've found the the AA agents to be friendly and efficient. And the airport personnel will even crank up the gas-insert fireplace on cold days. There are definitely worse places to wait out a weather delay than on the sofa in front of the fire at COS.