FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking CO award travel with NW miles
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2003, 1:27 pm
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aaronma:
This actually happens to me when I try to look up award travel on NW/KLM flights (LAX-AMS-LHR-AMS-HKG-NRT-HNL).

Did you hear from the WP service center?
</font>
I called and they booked it for me! $55.18 on my credit card (minus 65,000 WP miles).

The MAD-EWR-SDF does have a 6+ hour layover in EWR and I'm wondering if that was the problem (not a married pair ? -- but I mentioned that to the WP desk and they said it was fine). If I booked travel via IAH or CLE that left EWR within 4 hours of the MAD arrival, the NW website allowed it. However, everything into SDF via a 2nd hub (CLE/IAH) was in the rule buster category.

While a 6+ hour layover in EWR may not sound great for most, the layover is great for me. It'll give me time to go into NYC city and also meet with relatives for a few hours (who live in the EWR area).

The lady I spoke with at the WP desk did a good job and got me First / WBC seats on my outbound and we did an open jaw to Barcelona with outbound in Business on NW/KL and return on CO via Madrid.

Now I just need to find a cheap one-way BCN-MAD ticket to complete my journey. Looks like I have a choice of Spanair & Air Europa for ~ $60 or Iberia for ~ $120.

Best,

SDF_Traveler

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin