FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NWA to Caribbean?
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:10 am
longtime lurker

Originally Posted by Cargojon
What gives, am I missing something here? You mean to tell me they won't ticket a Caribbean flight?
The problem is with the flight time from Saint Thomas. NW operates Saturday-only service to STT from DTW on its own metal. But the return flight from STT arrives in DTW at 9:31PM. That is after the last DTW-PHL flight has left for the day. The only way to make this work flying NW metal would be to stay overnight in DTW. Technically, I don't think that's a stopover (since the next flight isn't available until the morning), but I'm not sure it will auto price on nwa.com.

NW does codeshare CO's EWR-STT flights, but since there is no code share on the CO Amtrak "flights" to EWR, you can't use those flights to get to STT. You can't pick up that codeshare from EWR either, since NW can't sell it.

In the Caribbean, NW also flies its own metal on the weekends to SJU and daily or almost daily to Montego Bay (and maybe one or two other locations I've missed). PHL-DTW-SJU can be flown on Saturdays and Sundays. PHL-DTW/MEM-MBJ can be flown most days of the week.

Last edited by longtime lurker; Feb 20, 2007 at 2:21 am