FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Feb 18, 2007, 1:49 pm
RAPC

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
For those of you who have stayed at the Westin, would you say any room at the "Royal Beach Club" is more perferable to any room in the main building? (Considering amenities, location, view, etc etc).

I am SPG Gold and see plenty of availability for Royal Beach club rooms during my stay (which is in a week). Should I expect that upgrade as a Gold? Would it be considered rude to call the night before and specifically ask for it?
Some of the Deluxe Sea View rooms are pretty good, certainly the one we had was great. Not sure on amenities vs Beach Club. It wasn't worth the Royal beach club for us as we got breakfast included on our rate and weren't around in the day to make use of the lounge facilities. From what I was told at check-in, they try to upgrade all Gold and Plat guests to Royal Beach Club should there be availability. However, usual caveats apply - if you don't mind getting a lagoon view room or a deluxe sea view, then book those and hope for an upgrade.

Enjoy your stay.