FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transcons, and any danger of routing via SFO?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:50 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
I am planning a trip to NY at the end of March. On my dates, I cannot find a single C seat LAX-JFK, but I can find plenty of A seats to SFO on the 763s. I actually like the idea of F on a 763 better than J on a 762, but I'm a little concerned about a SFO connection.

Is there anyone here who chooses that route? My biggest concern, obviously, is a weather delay that would cause me to miss my flight to JFK. Should that happen, would AA reroute me directly out of LAX? What if no J seats are available, only F, would they give me one, or would they tell me no dice because it's a weather delay and they aren't really obligated to get me into a premium cabin until there is room on my original route?
I would not be worried about SFO. If you ar that concerned, why not route via MIA?

If things did go worng AA would do their best to get you into J, or F on a 2-class aircraft. But if may not be on the next flight if the inventory is not there. If you pressed the issue about going immediately, you'd be downgraded back to Y, not upgraded to F.