FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What benefit do front line staff get from not providing you benefits?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 6:45 pm
VL83

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, UAL Executive Premier
[QUOTE=Starwood Lurker;7169103]Not exactly. The executive suites at this hotel may not be considered to be standard suites, so the possibility that they upgraded you to it based upon your unhappiness with the condition of the first room has to come into consideration.

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

Dear Junior: As an apologist for Starwood hotels, you are considerably less than a thorough success. The "executive suites... may not be considered standard suites," you say, by way of pathetic explanation. All right, let's assume that executive suites at that Westin in Long Beach were reserved for only princesses. However, you omitted entirely, in your response, an accounting of why I was assigned, despite being a Plat member, to a room that was so dumpy that I felt forced to request a reassignment - which I have done only once or twice before in my entire history of very extensive travel (see my various elite levels). One explanation, which I'm sure you will be reluctant to offer, is that all "non-princess" rooms in that hotel are dumpy. I can accept that possibility far more than your offering of something special about executive suites. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to invoke your agreeing with my essential position regarding GMs, which you phrased in terms of a fish's head. Recall, if it is not too inconvenient, that I have been upgraded to a FULL suite at every (with one exception) Luxury Collection where I've stayed in Europe, and I've stayed at most of them.