FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has your employer ever forced you to share a hotel room?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:57 pm
etch5895

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Same here. That goes for everything from fear of assault or abuse, to talking in your sleep with your roomie listening in, to having to "dress for bed" when you normally don't, to having a virtual stranger see you in your underwear or less, to being teased for snoring or making unbecoming nightmare noises, to being second for the bathroom in the morning and picking your way through that virtual stranger's steam, stray hairs, fumes, dirty towels and laundry, potions and liniments.

It is an unreasonable invasion of personal space and privacy and it's where I draw the line. I am happy to stay in a more economical / midrange hotel, I don't really see the value in (or take advantage of amenities at) five-star hotels, but I won't share. A company that makes you do it is almost literally making you take off your clothes in front of strangers. It bespeaks lack of respect.
This post probably hits the nail on the head better than any I've seen here.

I'd have no problem sharing a rental car, but the room? Who wants to use the bathroom after someone you don't really know has stunk it up? This may seem trivial, and maybe it is just the result of American upbringing, but I expect a little bit of peace and privacy. I have shared a room with a buddy while on vacation, and he snored so loudly and irregularly, I couldn't get any decent sleep at all. No thank you.