FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Don't forget to get proof of secondary screening!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:27 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by crimguy1976
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Do most gate agents know, even as they are required to be complicit in this TSA show, that this gate check procedure is a waste that does not for flight security and is easily circumvented, right?
Whether they think it's stupid or not, it's their job under the current guidelines. You don't sign their paychecks, nor do I....so I'll refrain from telling them what I think is dumb or not about their jobs. You must be a gate agents worst nightmare.
Is that an answer to my question? No.

Cute attempt at a a personal attack that won't stick. Just because you don't like my question doesn't, claim as you may, make me a gate agent's worst nightmare.

Do most NW gate agents know, even as they are required to be complicit in this TSA show, that this gate check procedure is a waste that does nothing for flight security and is easily circumvented? A good number default to the near-equivalent action of ignoring the mark of the TSA (including its absence). Is that an indication that those gate agents who think about this realize what a waste the measure is and decide to engage in the near-equivalent of ignoring the TSA's mark (or its absence)? Hard tot tell, but that's why the question was asked.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 5, 2007 at 12:41 pm