FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - change in service level on elite line?
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2007, 3:44 pm
kenaisteve

Programs: Former NW Plat, now everybody's nobody, still have Gold w/ Marriot
at least 9/10 for me...

...have been great to talk to. I've even given my number to my wife who has called in for me when I'm on the road and they treated her most excellent. One of the funnest chat's was when I was booking a trip for my daughter and her boyfriend on my miles. He said to call him back if it didn't work out and he'd see to it the boyfriend got sent on a flight somewhere else , now that's platinum service!
Have had a few where I called off hours and obviously got a different call center, answer is to call again at a different time if you can. If I'm not asked to punch in my ff # and pin or if I'm not answered with "Hello Mr. Kenaisteve, how can I help you" it's an indication to call back.
Once when apparently call volume was high, I even had the person tell me they were the regular line and they only get Plat overflow and she couldn't see everything on the computer that the plat line could and suggested that I call back until I do get the P-line. I thought that was decent of her to admit that.
Bottom line is, as a person on the road far from home, one of the great benefits is getting the people that care that you do get home. I think the few times of mediocre service are the off hours call center or overflow lines, so I'll put up with calling again to get the right folks.