FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - THANK YOU FLYERTALK!! (nwa miles on delta)
Old Jan 30, 2007, 5:29 pm
tkb

Programs: nwa GE
THANK YOU FLYERTALK!! (nwa miles on delta)

Last fall I booked flights for my toddler and I on Delta metal using miles from my NWA Platinum account (hers) and $$$ (mine).

Since then, it's been a NIGHTMARE of inconvenience dealing with Delta. (I know you've all heard it all before--45 minute wait times on hold, getting hung up on when the agents can't understand what you're asking, etc. etc.)

But then there was even more ... schedule changes (it happens, I know, no biggie) where they separated me from my three year old (again, it happens, no biggie, it's a risk when you buy with money & miles, I watched it like a hawk and ALWAYS IMMEDIATELY CALLED IN TO FIX THE PROBLEM); seat changes for no reason (again, I'm a pretty persnickety JD/MBA and I immediately called to FIX IT) ... month after month, problem after problem ...

Until, of course, I hit the 24-hr window and go to check in for our flights and find out that AGAIN, Delta has screwed up and separated us. AGAIN.

But then there's FLYERTALK.

(Can you hear the birds singing? See the flowers blooming?)

I happened to read last night in someone's "aside" about skipping out on the domestic sliver of hell and always going to the international desk and POOF.

It's still taking AN HOUR. They still can't fix everything. But MAN! This guy is GREAT.

Professional, friendly, JUST GREAT. He could work for the NWA PE/Gold line! ^

Anyway ... THANK YOU FLYERTALK!