FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OLCI question?
Thread: OLCI question?
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:07 pm
lotalota

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
Originally Posted by slippahs
It has generally been noted that the EUA will process flights in the order that they depart (e.g., later flights get processed later in the EUA period than earlier flights). But this could all be BS as well. The specifics of the EUA procedure are not published.
I understand that the specifics are not published. But based on what I've read here, and other threads, I am a little less clear.

I understand the theory of 23:59 putting you at the top of the list for your elite level and I believe I've actually experienced it. I don't understand how waiting until the morning of the day of the flight to do OLCI would trump OLCI at 23:59? Wouldn't they be complimentary?

What I assume the wisest course of action is to OLCI at 23:59, follow it past the "yes I want a complimentary upgrade" question, and then cancel. Then, the morning of the flight do OLCI and follow it through, the idea being that EUA has run prior to that point and that you will have been processed already.

Am I reading this correctly? I'm going to give it a shot next week, my first flight as a GE, and see what happens.