FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Seat Rant...
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2002, 8:02 pm
E

Award Seat Rant...

Okay, here goes...

Looking for two award tickets for next year's Spring Break. Now granted, I know I'm looking in FLORIDA...the CAPITAL of SPRING BREAK, but give me a break!!!

I start by using February 28th as my start date. We are flying from DBQ and I tried 10 different airports that NW claims to fly to in Florida, not counting the two or three up in the panhandle.

What did I find, looking over an EIGHT day period, and TEN cities?!?!? Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Zippo.

Now come on...no blackout dates, increased capacity controls...how the h--- are we supposed to make use of our miles when we can't even book seats out 10 months in advance?

In the past I have had a fairly easy time of finding and using award seats to the destinations we wished to go. But this is getting ridiculous!

On the day they were available to book (supposedly 330 days out or something?), I tried getting three award seats from DBQ to HNL...we only got two (for the direct flight) and another one via SEA. Once again...I don't believe it. This system has GOT to change.