FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No pretzels on flights less than 2 hrs? [Merged threads]
Old Jan 10, 2007, 7:08 pm
LGA_UAL

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Thanks for the confirmation!

Now, for a true. This is AMAZING! Simply AMAZING! What is UA thinking, seriously? Does UA think that they are going to save their airline or make them profitable by taking away a small bag with a few pretzels for each passenger? Is UA not trying to distinguish itself as a "Premium" airline and try to make it so that people are willing to pay a premium to fly UA? I would like to hear how much this saves UA a year, because this is simply shocking.

Come on, two hours can actually be quite a long flight. With taxi, boarding, and everything, it can be well into three hours gate to gate and now we get absolutely nothing? Please UA, PLEASE tack twelve cents onto my ticket price you tacks ba$tard$!
I believe for catering purposes, United uses block time. Therefore, flights such as ORD-LGA-ORD should keep the snacks (except for one blocked at 1:58), even though flight time is usually about 1:40. I must agree that this seems like a very odd decision. I wonder if SkyWest will continue serving snacks on their short flights, as their snacks are their own, not the usual UA ones.