FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - what do you take on a 12+ hour plane trip and what do you take it in?
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:24 am
GeoGirl

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
Originally Posted by haniboo
when flying intl on a 12+ hour flight, or group of flights, what do you carry-on? what do you pack it in?
I have a large leather bag I bought from Levenger a couple of years ago. I take that, at the least, but as for any other bags I carry on, it depends on whether Geoboy is with me and what he's bringing.

For a long flight, I bring a bunch of books, iPod, Bose headphones, sugar-free mints, hand cream, lip balm, healthy snacks, two large bottles of water, standard girly purse things (tissues, oil blotting papers, lipstick, nail file, wallet, etc.), notepad and pen, sleep mask, various medicines and sundries like Excedrin, Tylenol, Xanax, melatonin and Airborne. I tend to prefer to carry on my makeup, because I'm always concerned that it will get dropped and eyeshadows don't handle being dropped very well. I pack my jewelry in my carry-on- even if it isn't very valuable, it's sentimental. I also bring my own blanket, unless I'm flying in Business or First. If I'm going somewhere cold, I'll have whatever coat/scarf/gloves I need when I get there, because chances are, whatever I packed in checked bags will be really chilly when I get it.

That's pretty much it.

GG