FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice please - slight fender bender
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:53 am
SusanDK

Thanks ezmonee. It was never the intention to lie or hide anything, since we have full LDW and knew the slight damage would be covered. I just wondered whether it was better to say something upon turning in the car or let them find it on closer inspection, and then see that our LDW covers it.

I've just found the accident report on the avis.com website and don't really feel it should be necessary, since we did not have an 'accident' per se and there is no dent anywhere on the car. Only a rubber bit from the fender is hanging down as a result of it getting caught on the parking block. No other vehicle was involved.

We don't have a printer or fax available (it says to print and fill out the form, and fax it in) since we're on vacation. I barely have an internet connection on limited access. There was no window hang tag on the car.

Wouldn't it be enough to just mention it when turning in the car? We pay for the full insurance to avoid hassles. Unfortunately, we didn't bring a camera on this trip, so can't take pictures.

Thanks,
Susan