FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Aruba (Leaving Starwood February 27, 2014) [Master Thread]
Old Jan 1, 2007, 11:31 am
challett

Programs: AA EXP (and 3mm), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Virtuoso, FSPP
John - I am here on a paid stay, and I could have cancelled but I would have incurred a significant service charge. I decided to come and see how it is. I figured that if it was unacceptable it would be much easier to leave/get a refund.

I checked in today, and while service wasn't Westin quality - it wasn't awful either. I am in my newly renovated room, and it is okay. I was upgraded to an oceanview room, which seems a bit small. Some of the final details definately have not been attended to.

For example, there are no paintings on the wall - only the hangers. My desk ports are not plugged in. And my phones are from another room. There are a few other missing details (phone instructions sheet). But I suppose they are trying to make up for that by giving me an extra safe in the closet.

My first impression of the staff was okay, but as I interact with them more, I am less and less pleased. I'll be sure to keep you posted.