FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I earn WP miles on Continental?
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 01, 6:35 pm
OB one
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Thanks to both of you for the help. Doc I was all over that post and still don't really see my answer. Yes, I registered for double miles on NW. My problem is I am flying a CO designated flight. Normally I just specify WP milea and I get the miles and silver elite bonus.

But I think NW states that I must fly NW designated flights to get the double miles. It has been my experience in the past that when I register for a CO promotion that I get the CO miles and no elite bonus for NW, for example, 1000 mile online ticket buying. I must choose OP miles to get the online bonus, but then I give up the 50% elite mileage bonus.

Maybe I am getting it all wrong and I should have been calling OP to see my elite miles posted. Of course, that dilutes my NW mileage which is only about 30,000 for the year. Sorry for the length of post. To top it all off my wife is flying 1/2 of the same itinerary on NW (with CO metal) and she is nowhere near NW elite but actually has a chance at CO Silver. Yet I booked her NW to get the 5,000 intitial web buy bonus. UGH