FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada was so amazing!
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2006, 8:08 am
Tor Viking

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Air Canada was so amazing!

I was travelling to Canada for Christmas and was hit by the fog at Heathow and here is my little story:
My flight from SVG to LHR was delayed about 3 hours. When I finally got to LHR I walked rather fast into the SAS lounge. As I knew I had missed the YYZ flight I was hoping for help. Indeed I did. The man sitting on behalf of Air Canada was so helpful. Everything was full the day after so the only thing he could do for me was to put me on standby for the Montreal flight.
I told him I had my runners on so I was prepared for a sprint. He had a good laugh and said that I had to run fast because I was on it. I had 10 minutes.
After my sprint I got on and then we were stuck here another 55 minutes due to the fog. Oh well.....I sure burned a few calories on that run.

The flight to YUL was really nice. The meal was excellent and the pleasant flight attendant gave me two ice creams.
Even though there was an attendant that wasn`t in a good mood and the sound system was bad it didn`t annoy me at all. Give some take some. I was just happy to be on my way to Canada.

Well I got to YUL all delayed and everything. I knew my luggage wasn`t coming so I just went through customs and straight to the transit check-in person. I told him about my fog problems and I was going to Vancouver. He was just amazing. Very polite and put me on standby for the next YVR flight. Good thing I had my runners on me! As I got to the gate they called my name and told me I got on. I just couldn`t believe it. I was No.15 on standby and made it.
So with all this happening I came to YVR 2.5 hours later than planned. Not bad.

So all I can say is thank you Air Canada for saving my Christmas once again. An amazing airline that helped me all the way. ^
Oh...my bags came 1.5 days later but that didn`t matter. I could shop for $470 in clothing from the insurance company. Woohoo.