FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX to KOA early morning flight
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2006, 9:34 am
SeeTheLights

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
LAX to KOA early morning flight

Merry Xmas!

I travel quite frequently from the west coast to Kona for business (I work for a luxury hotel chain that has a property in Kona). I am an American Platinum member and prefer American's service/quality over United's and other airlines. However, I am frustrated that American has not brought back the early morning nonstop flights from LAX to KOA since I need to get to Kona by afternoon rather than evening. (American now only has a 5:00 flight out of LAX to KOA that arrives around 9:30ish and a redeye from KOA to LAX nonstop). I have been flying through Honolulu for the time being, but am thinking of flying United since they have a early morning flight on the way there and a midafternoon flight from KOA to LAX. However, I really dislike United and trying to find any other way to fly American....yet the layovers in Hononlulu are getting painful...

Anyways, my question is....(1) does anyone know if AA plans on bringing back the second early morning flight from LAX to KOA; and (2) is there someplace I can write an email or letter to AA to suggest that they bring it back? (or is this just fruitless...)

Anyways, I really appreciate any help even if the answer is that there is nothing I can do...