FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW / Dallas Fort Worth BA "Executive Club" Contract Lounge (consolidated)
Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:50 pm
elitetraveler
Suspended

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Just curious if anyone had visited the BA lounge in D recently? I always go to the AC in D, but want to give the lounge a try next week, DFW-LGW. Looks like admission won't be a problem.
I was in it about two weeks ago. It is in a pavillion of lounges that also operate for LH and KE. When you come up to the elevator, there is a generic sentry for all three lounges. It has a feel of one of those executive offices where they can change the signs off in about 60 seconds.

There were some of the signature BA lounge colored coffee cups, and a model of the Concorde, but otherwise fairly generic. There is a small room (with views) that apparently was an F lounge but is now just part of the entire lounge. There is a small library and as mentioned, a fairly extensive selection of magazines, but it is on the backside of the library - opposite where the bar is if memory serves.

Food was mainly pre-packaged cheese and crackers, some cookies and biscuits. I was surprised they didn't put out some finger sandwiches or something more, especially since the BA departure is 420pm.

Boos was free ^ so that and the cheese were the biggest differences I could find from the AC. I would say that it was the BA lounge I have been with that is closest to AC level - or put another way - not as good as most BA lounges.