FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Aruba (Leaving Starwood February 27, 2014) [Master Thread]
Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:56 pm
idealflyer

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
I just got back from several hotel stays in Aruba. The Westin is certainly a work in progress. I got last night comped because of a fire alarm drill at 6am this morning. Boxes in stairs, furniture out on balconies, couldn't get downstairs during drill- this would have been a huge fire code violation in US, but Caribbean may be more relaxed. Right now, this place is a mess! Room was half done, had heavenly bed and shower along with nice plasma tv but rest of room was not done. Old lightswitches, sliding glass door let wind in. Art work not up yet. This property could have potential but they would have change many more things, including the jacuzzis in the pool area.

To be fair, the Hyatt and Marriott are overrated, although I checked out Marriott for timeshare. Radisson however looked nice and found their bars to be better.
PM me and I can send you pictures. High season is getting into full swing before year end.