FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX 744 F class Seats
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2006, 11:10 am
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by christep
My apologies for the outdated information on FCC fast track. number_6 is far more current on this than me.
To my sorrow. The FCC situation plus the LHR check-in situation is making LHR a lot less desirable than it used to be (takes hours when it used to take minutes). Even FCC FastTrack is not 100% reliable for tight connections, couple of weeks ago it took 5 min through FastTrack but then a 30 min wait for the bus, so it was still 45 min between terminals. For a while I was using MAN as a hub to bypass LHR, but that no longer works (BA reduced flights, and now has sold its BA Connect sub to an LCC, presumably all the MAN to Europe flights on BA will cease to exist next year). All the OW hubs in europe have problems of various kinds. If LHR isn't fixed soon, it becomes unusable and I might have to switch to LH via MUC and FRA. Lots of people I know are switching to Eos which flies to STN (great for London O/D). Eon has an interesting FF plan, they don't partner with anyone but will buy you any ticket you want, on any airline (cost in their FF points depends on their cost for your "award" ticket).

Last edited by number_6; Dec 18, 2006 at 11:18 am