FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Employee Travel Benefits - What Are the Details?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:28 am
brazzleman

Programs: DL PM,1MM
My partner often flies with a buddy pass as we know quite a few DL employees. Its easier for him as he's self-employed and doesn't have to worry about not making a flight when loads are high. I've never used one. I don't have the time flexibility. He usually talks with DL people he knows who can call an internal number and check loads for him before going to the airport. Once at the airport, he is listed on the standby screen and waits; he also always has an alternative routing in my just in case.

Yes we are allowed to stand by for the forward cabin first with a few restrictions, dress code and no children uner 8 years of age. What a wonderful perk this is and one I know a value very highly.

I knew about the dress code as my partner makes sure he's dressed appropriately for first. I wasn't aware of the children's age limit.

For example, buddy pass riders use the employees seniority date but are in the lowest category

He usually uses passes from a friend who has worked with first Western,then Delta since the 60's. I've heard that employees of other airlines are placed behind DL buddy passes. I wonder if there is any prioritization then by airline? (i.e., Skyteam members above others - especially US Air )

Do the flight benefits continues to retirement?