FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expect Bad Travel on NW for Xmas?
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2000, 3:51 am
rwinn

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally posted by VinceLee:
You should be fine.

I had flown 16 segments on NW this month; none of them was cancelled or delayed by mechanical reasons. Beware the bad weather haunting Detroit and Minneapolis though.

Wow! That's not bad. In looking at my online Alaska Airlines mileage plan statement, I've flown 16 NW segments so-far this YEAR. Here's what I've had:

- One delay because of an engine fire.

We taxied for awhile, then fire alarm went off in cockpit when engines were started. Everything worked out nicely for me. I couldn't have been happier with the way things worked out. I stood by for this flight, was given a first class seat and I was still getting there much earlier than my scheduled flight. All pax were given apology packets with a 6 minute prepaid phone card, an amenity certificate good for airport food or a free drink or a free headset rental, a discount cert and a comment card. This was in DTW. Northwest had us on a replacement plane within 45 min. I've been delayed longer with AA at ORD because of windshield wiper problems.

- One segment cancelled due to "schedule changes".

I checked in for a flight and was notified that a return segment that I was booked on had been cancelled.

This was on Dec. 3, just before the "Precanceling Flights" press release:
http://www2.marketwatch.com/quotes/a...C32E46642A0%7D

- One reservation changed, once again due to "schedule changes". My upcoming ANC - MSP flight was changed by a few minutes. I was mailed the new time with over a month's notice. I certainly can't complain about that... now if I could just get my seat assignment.

Hopefully web check in will work. I asked 800-225-2525 if I could still web check in even though the schedule changed. She said yes, but I haven't had good luck with web check in with other changed reservations.

Seems to work for everyone but me!

-Robert