FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - URGENT!! Le Meridien Khao Lak for 50p a night!!
Old Dec 12, 2006, 5:24 pm
More Champagne Sir?

Programs: BA
Update

Just for those interested, received this email a couple of days ago from Starwood:

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank all who have responded to our original email regarding your reservation(s) at the Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach and Spa Resort (below). Once again, please accept our apology for the error. We truly hope you will consider the offer we outlined in our previous email (below) dated December 7, 2006.

We understand there are questions regarding the terms and conditions of the offer and we would like to take this opportunity to answer them for you. We would like to apologize in advance to our guests who have either already stayed at the resort or responded with their selected reservations but we felt it was necessary to send this second email. We appreciate your understanding.

Most important, and already stated in the original email, the team at the hotel will do their very best to honor the room type booked, based on availability. Also, for customers holding more than one confirmed reservation, we will honor one of your reservations, which you can select, at the stated USD $50 per night rate.

Following are your questions with the answers, which we hope will help you make the decision to keep your reservation and visit this very beautiful resort:

Q: Will I get the room type I confirmed?
A: The team at the hotel will try their very best to honor your room type

Q: If I accept the offer and confirm a reservation with the USD $50 rate, will my credit card be charged at the time of booking?
A: NO, your credit card will be used only to guarantee the reservation

Q: Is breakfast included in the rate?
A: YES

Q: Are taxes included in the rate?
A: YES (We will reimburse anyone who has already stayed at the resort and may have been charged taxes)

Q: Will I get my free night based on the promotion?
A: YES

Q: If I accept then decide to cancel in the future, will there be a penalty?
: NO

Q: Is there a cancellation deadline for reservations with the new rate?
A: NO (we ask that you advise hotel as soon as possible)

Q: If I cancel now, will I be charged a penalty?
A: NO

Following from that, I've also received this email from the hotel directly:

Dear Mr. MCS?,

I am pleased to confirm your reservation from the *** to *** in our Presidential Villa for $50 USD per room per night, and we have cancelled your other booking.

The hotel reservation number is ****.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel.

Warm regards...
So whilst at first I was a little baby and threatened to throw my toys out the pram, after consideration I now have the presidential villa guaranteed for $50 a night including tax and breakfast, so an EXCELLENT result in the end

Now I've just got to work out how best to use my bmi miles to get there! Keen to try the LH FRA First Class Terminal...