FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ordeal getting CX miles to post
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:06 am
bensyd
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by rabbitman
I haven't posted on here for a while, but am looking forward to becoming a bit more active now..

I took a Business class OneWorld RTW in August, with a SIN-LAX leg on CX, via HKG which I took with a colleague.

The miles and TP did not post and I was therefore advised to fax copies of boarding passes and ticket number to BA. This I did only to have the SIN-HKG leg rejected after about 18 days, reason given “flight not found”.

I contacted missing mileage and spoke to a helpful employee, who asked for some more details and re submitted the claim. It was rejected again after a month.

This time the same employee took more details, including full itinerary, another copy of the boarding passes and also the EC number of my colleague, who was credited with miles for the same flight on the same day.

This was rejected again last week, apparently on the grounds that that flight was a CX subsidiary (SIN-HKG, CX710?, when a colleague got credited?)

Spoke to employee who seemed powerless to do anything but re submit claims to CX. So she put me through to a supervisor.

All the supervisor could offer was another resubmission, and held firm that I could not get my miles without CX’s agreement.

I very nicely pointed out that at this stage I really was not that interested in claims being resubmitted again, nor being exposed to the airlines inner workings. I have paid for my ticket, traveled on a partner airline, followed the process for reclaiming miles, twice, and now wanted my miles after 4 months.

At this point the supervisor became rather rude and arrogant, and started launching into terms and conditions. I did not take too kindly to his. All I wanted was to get my miles and TPs having followed the process to the letter. It is clear within BA’s power to award whatever miles and points they like to members.

However this made her get even ruder. In summary her stance was:

1) Issuing miles for partners’ flights was not BA’s prerogative. They were “doing me a favour” by following on this query.
2) Quoting terms and conditions at me instead of serving the customer “was perfectly acceptable”.
3) That OneWorld “was not a partnership for mileage, but only for bookings. Mileage is an added bonus when available”.
4) She would not offer any timetable for resolution.

Without rambling further I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on:
a) How to get my miles and TPs
b) The supervisor’s view that OneWorld is “not for mileage”

I am astonished that an issue that could be resolved so simply is instead starting to alienate a customer that is spending increasing amounts on premium travel with BA.

All help and thoughts are appreciated.
This does sound very un CX like. Although I post to QF not BA my CX flights are always there within 3-4 days.

The attitude of whoever you spoke to down at BA is pathetic. I would ask them to point you to the section in the t&c's that says BA is doing you a favour by posting miles. What garbage.