FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - URGENT!! Le Meridien Khao Lak for 50p a night!!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:42 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jhm
I agree that nothing is certain yet and people who're thinking of accepting (or rejecting) the offer should clarify what it is.
The people making the offer (i.e., Starwood and the hotel) should clarify what the offer really is ... without being prompted by those who hold the UGX reservations. There's no customer-friendly reason for Starwood and the hotel to make a messed up situation even more messed up than it already is.

Originally Posted by jhm
However, the use of "your reservation" seems - to me at least - to indicate that it may refer to the room/suite booked. To take an example of the following circumstances:

(i) a hotel advertises a mistake rate of £50/night;
(ii) I book 5 nights in the royal suite; and
(iii) I receive written confirmation of "your reservation",

I think the hotel would find it hard to later turn round to say that "your reservation" actually referred to 5 nights in the broom cupboard but not the royal suite!
With another "human error" rate sale, Starwood & Lanesborough hotel didn't handle things in the kind of way implied above. They adjusted the room types on at least some of the guests. And "clarification" was generally not forthcoming, even upon inquiry for clarification. [That's not surprising given the GM's lack of meaningful response when at least one guest had repeated bathtub flooding/clogging on two or three out of three nights there.]

It's not even clear how many people holding these reservations are going to be given the $50 rate.