FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems booking KUP fare on AA with BA telesales
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:39 am
Boo Boo

Originally Posted by Gaza
I could book the BA legs on ba.com and AA legs on aa.com but in addition to the triple miles I was looking for the security of through baggage check-in (I know I have to collect at MIA) and some protection if there were any delays.
You can through-check your bags anyway - we did SNA-DFW-IAH (on AA YUP ticket) and IAH-LGW (BA MFU ticket). The bags were checked all the way from SNA-LGW. I THINK that they made it... embarrassingly they didn't come out quickly from our flight, so we assumed they hadn't made it. We reported them as missing, were told that they would be in the next day and delivered to our home address... however, they were delievered to our home later that same night (so I assume that we were just being pesimistic and they HAD arrived on our flight....).

The main drawback - apart from the extra BA Amex miles - may be you not making your connect.... this is what worried me. If we didn't get to IAH in time for our IAH-LGW flight, what would BA have done...? Would they have nice and put us on the next available flight in Club... who knows.

Boo