FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems booking KUP fare on AA with BA telesales
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:19 am
flyclub

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Gaza
Not encouraging news.

It is not just the BA Telesales rep who had no idea what a KUP fare was it was also the two AA telesales reps I spoke to.

I've posted the question on the AA Board to see if any of their experts can shed light on the issue.

I could book the BA legs on ba.com and AA legs on aa.com but in addition to the triple miles I was looking for the security of through baggage check-in (I know I have to collect at MIA) and some protection if there were any delays.
What it *might* if being really pedantic is that I think there is a *chance* they can downgrade people on KUP fares to Coach if there were over-selling issues, etc on the day. Certainly would be those folk before the full fare F people. I wouldn't be surprised if the AA folk say someone along these lines.

I think in the fare rules there is even a mention of waitlisting for First class if the passenger doesn't want to travel in Coach or something along those lines.

As for EC credit, I think it is a sticky area and I think as it books into First class why you get the appropriate credit.

Very confusing I know.

I think BA want to be able to sell you a ticket 100% guaranteed to always keep you in First class on the AA connecting flight/codeshare etc.