FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems booking KUP fare on AA with BA telesales
Old Dec 5, 2006, 6:27 am
Gaza

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Problems booking KUP fare on AA with BA telesales

Apologies for the cross posting but I thought the outcome of this might be useful to those who like me very rarely venture anywhere other than the BA Board.

I have tried to search for answers to this but I think the search engine has issues with searches of less than 4 characters.

on aa.com I priced up the following itinerary:-

BA209 LHR - MIA on 03 March 2007 @ 13:30 - Fare Basis DLAPGB
AA447 MIA - LAS on 03 March 2007 @ 21:50 - Fare Basis KUPP26T
AA1819 MIA - LAS on 08 March 2007 @ 07:45 - Fare Basis KUPP26T
BA206 MIA-LHR on 08 March 2007 @ 17:05 - Fare Basis DLAPGB

Average Fare Per Person - £ 3585.00
Tax & Charges £ 83.00
Total Price £ 3668.00
This gives me Business Class on the BA legs and First on AA.

For once booking this with BA prices out cheaper as the LHR-MIA legs are available in I class. I assume this is because of selective regional fare bucket availability.

The problem I have when booking it with BA is the MIA-LAS-MIA legs do not seem to auto upgrade to First. Looking at the PNR on aa.com it shows Cabin/Booking Class as Economy/K. The seat map is also for the economy cabin.

I've called AA twice and spoken to people who had no idea what a KUP fare was and insisted that K class was economy.

The simple answer is to book on aa.com but that is £300 more than BA are quoting and also loses me the double miles bonus for using my BA AMEX.

I am beginning to think that KUP fares can only be booked by AA? Is this correct or should BA be able to book them?