FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems booking KUP fare on AA with BA telesales
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:27 am
Gaza

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
Problems booking KUP fare on AA with BA telesales

Apologies for the cross posting but I thought the outcome of this might be useful to those who like me very rarely venture anywhere other than the BA Board.

I have tried to search for answers to this but I think the search engine has issues with searches of less than 4 characters.

on aa.com I priced up the following itinerary:-

BA209 LHR - MIA on 03 March 2007 @ 13:30 - Fare Basis DLAPGB
AA447 MIA - LAS on 03 March 2007 @ 21:50 - Fare Basis KUPP26T
AA1819 MIA - LAS on 08 March 2007 @ 07:45 - Fare Basis KUPP26T
BA206 MIA-LHR on 08 March 2007 @ 17:05 - Fare Basis DLAPGB

Average Fare Per Person - 3585.00
Tax & Charges 83.00
Total Price 3668.00
This gives me Business Class on the BA legs and First on AA.

For once booking this with BA prices out cheaper as the LHR-MIA legs are available in I class. I assume this is because of selective regional fare bucket availability.

The problem I have when booking it with BA is the MIA-LAS-MIA legs do not seem to auto upgrade to First. Looking at the PNR on aa.com it shows Cabin/Booking Class as Economy/K. The seat map is also for the economy cabin.

I've called AA twice and spoken to people who had no idea what a KUP fare was and insisted that K class was economy.

The simple answer is to book on aa.com but that is 300 more than BA are quoting and also loses me the double miles bonus for using my BA AMEX.

I am beginning to think that KUP fares can only be booked by AA? Is this correct or should BA be able to book them?