FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:42 pm
Landing Gear

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by dogmom11
Thanks for reopening...here's my 2 cents, please add/delete/critique as only you guys can!

Action Plan to Get Emmi out of the Dog House…

-Reinstate the web link until the end of the week
or
-Agree to accept certs for entry that are postmarked by end of the week (sans receipts) and give a reasonable time frame for entry/posting…obviously more than 2 weeks
-Instruct sales managers, reps, wholesalers, stores, (and
Amazon.com) to remove stickers from packages & promos from stores
-Email everyone who has submitted codes with instructions for entry/submission of remaining codes.

The types of folks attracted to this promo (and who have or will submit their email addresses) have qualities that many (especially those selling on the internet) marketers will pay a premium for: passion for travel, relative affluence/intelligence, promotional savvy and are certainly ‘early adopters/first movers’. Emmi would be wise to retain/use this list in the future as well as to share (for a fee) with other brands to offset the cost of honoring this promotion in its original entirety.
Superb points, but let me ask this:
If we were all assured that mailing in the coupons would result in full credit of miles, who would not prefer to send in the coupons rather than enter the codes?
Attention Emmi, if you are reading this: If you extend the promotion date and allow redemption of coupons by mail, I will buy 2,000 more packages of Swiss Knight and donate the entire lot to charity, as I did with my previous purchase. (All of it went to feed the poor.)