FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:05 am
Landing Gear

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
The sticker on the Swiss Knight package reads, "Earn 500 American Airlines AAdvantage Miles."

It does not read "Win A Chance To Earn 500 American Airlines AAdvantage Miles."

Under the system of laws by which we live, the consumer is under NO OBLIGATION to make inquiry of the motive of the seller. I find the suggestions of such outrageous.

There are things Emmi COULD HAVE done to limit its exposure in advance, e.g. as mentioned before instituting a limit on redemption, CONSPICUOUSLY INDICATED on the label.

But they did not. That is their problem, not the problem of the consumer.

Don't get distracted by discussions of economics. We don't need to hire Greenspan as a consultant.

As Martian keeps requesting, please stay focused on the goal, FT'ers.

My view:

I have completely complied with all the terms and conditions of the offer. Give me my miles or you will have a lesson in American justice.

My suggestion:

Don't beg! It's demeaning and there is no reason for it. If you, too, completely complied with all the terms and conditions of the offer, tell Emmi that you want every single mile to which you are entitled and don't settle for less.