FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PC access with Prestige Pack coupon?
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:21 am
uthornsgo

Originally Posted by nancy61
The "Flyertalk" solution is to buy a fully refundable ticket so you can pass through security, then have it refunded at the club right before you leave.
This is the easiest solution to your problems. I would never waste time with standing in line to get a gate pass and risk someone not knowing it could be done.

Get a $200 last minute, fully refundable roundtrip ticket (I say roundtrip because a one way ticket could bring about an SSS which would slow her down at security) to San Antonio or Dallas or Austin or wherever the day before your visit with your son, check in online and print out your wife's boarding pass, then go online and have the ticket refunded. If you do this all within a few hours at the 24 hour mark before her "flight", your card will never be charged. She'll have a boarding pass to get through security, nobody will be harmed, and the family will have a nice little reunion in the P Club. Continental would never advocate this, but you would actually be saving the time of an agent that could otherwise be helping someone that is traveling rather than getting you a gate pass or wasting everyone's time when they didn't know they could get you a gate pass.

Just my two cents...