FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:55 am
martian

Originally Posted by dgwright99

The good thing is that this message (genuine or not) turns this into more of a "drama" that will make a better story for the media - so more likely to get coverage. We should keep on emailing the media, to keep up the pressure on Emmi to honor the full terms of the offer for all consumers - not just the FTers who bought in bulk.
I have to say, I am torn between different courses of action. Should we wait to take any action until we get some sort of official word from the company?

I am starting to think that maybe we should not. Their website (http://www.emmiusa.com/) clearly says:
Due to the popularity of this promotion, our supply of AAdvantage miles has been exhausted. However, we are pleased to offer a Swiss Army Knife, valued at $20 with a valid code. One (1) redemption per person or household. If you have a code, click here.
I am more inclined to beleive the website than an anonymous posting. Now, I do not mean this as a disrespect to Swissbliss, but, as others have stated, how are we to know that you are a representative of the company? especially given that your website clearly contradicts your postings here.

If this is a genuine offer, then please spell out all of the details for us, because, as you can imagine, some people are quite upset about this (especially after having spent thousands of dollars on your product). Please do not tell us to wait until Monday, because as you know, you clearly chose to release this information on a Friday afternoon for obvious PR damage control reasons. If we do not have a clear understanding of what is going on from a verifiable source then how can we do anything but contest what is clearly written on your website?

So, I am leaning towards thinking that a lot of emails need to get sent out today. However, I am willing to wait a few hours to see if Emmi have any official comment. What do you all think?